First Shiloh Baptist Church

What Should I Bring?

[ ] Picture ID for you and your spouse, if married and filing jointly

[ ] Social Security Cards and birth dates for you, your spouse, and  

    children you are claiming. 

[ ] W-2 Forms for all jobs held during the tax year

[ ] 1099 Forms such as 1099G, 1099Misc, 1099Int, 1095

[ ]  Any letter or notice you received from the IRS or the Market Place

[ ] A copy of last year’s return  helps

[ ] For a faster refund that is directly deposited, bring your savings

    and/or checking account routing numbers

[ ] Your spouse, if married and filing jointly


Other Receipts that may increase your tax refund:

[ ] Rental information for NYS credit

[ ] If you paid for child care - documentation listing provider name,

    address, tax ID#, and amount paid

[ ] If you, your spouse, or a child attended college - tuition expense

    statement (1098T) and/or student loan interest statement (1098E)

[ ] Documentation of court-ordered child support

[ ] Home interest and property taxes paid

[ ] Medical bills paid

[ ] Charitable contributions made during the year


The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) provides income tax preparation assistance to income-eligible individuals and families free of charge.  VITA volunteers work to make sure that all allowable credits are claimed, including Earned Income Tax Credit.

If you were employed in 2017, but earned less than the income guidelines listed in this brochure, you may be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit—even if you are not required to file an income tax return!

Our IRS certified volunteers can help you file your tax returns for free, and help you claim the refund that you are entitled to.  That’s money you can use for a car, to save for a home, to get caught up on bills, or save for the future.

What is the Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)?

The Earned Income Tax Credit is a tax credit for people who work and have earned less than $53,267 in the 2015 tax year.    A tax credit

generally puts more money back in your pocket because it reduces the amount of tax you owe.

We Can Help You File Your Taxes and Grow Your Assets!

All Federal and New York State returns are filed electronically.  You can receive your refund in as little as 10 days.  An IRS certified volunteer will prepare your taxes.  Again, there is no cost to you.

Refund Anticipation Loans (RALS) are they a good idea?

RALS are extremely expensive because they borrow against your refund. Loan fees along with filing fees can typically cost over $300 which can eat away a big chunk of your refund!

VITA - Free Tax Preparation services will be available from Tuesday, January 30th to Saturday, April 14th, every Tuesday and Wednesday at 5pm (1st come - 1st served) & on Saturdays at 9am (1st come - 1st served). Doors will be locked when we have reached maximum capacity.  Call 716-847-6555 for more information


Free Tax Preparation  from VITA